Welcome to the Fung Global Institute Career Opportunities homepage, where you can learn more about career opportunities with the Institute.
If you enjoy working in a diverse and challenging environment with unique learning opportunities, the Institute is the place for you. Our staff is made up of highly talented and motivated individuals who are committed to the mission of the Institute.
We seek individuals who are engaged and passionate about what they do every day. In exchange, we offer opportunities for individuals at all levels in their careers to build careers with an organisation focused on researching and addressing issues of global concern from Asian perspectives.
We encourage you to review the positions that are posted on this site and apply for any that you have the interest and qualifications to pursue. Once we receive your application, we will send you a confirmation e-mail.
Our careers page is updated regularly. Whether or not employment or volunteer opportunities exist at a given time, all applications and resumes sent to us @ [careers AT fginstitute.org] are kept in an active file for three months. Resumes will be acknowledged only for those candidates under consideration for an interview.
We encourage you to return to our careers page often and explore our website to learn more about what the Institute has to offer. We regret that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond personally to inquiries. If you do not hear back from us, please feel free to apply for other positions. Again, we appreciate your interest in contributing to the work of the Institute.
Our internship provides direct exposure to the work and management of a leading global think-tank based in Asia.
The work provided by the Intern will be supervised and we aim to provide the interns with a broad range of experience ranging from research work, preparation of draft reports, compilation of statistical data, editing, writing, administrative duties, assisting with research-related event management and media communications.
- Internships are offered for up to a maximum period of 6 months on a flexible basis. Both full and part-time applications are considered. For part-time internships, we are looking for a commitment of at least 16 hours a week.
- Phd holders or Phd candidates, or post graduates (Masters) with a strong background in economics, finance, international development, international relations, political science, business administration, public administration, law or a related field.
- Experience in corporate environment preferred; prior administrative experience required.
- A strong interest in Global Issues from Asian perspectives.
- Excellent research, analytical , writing and communication skills
- Close attention to detail and strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to perform with independent judgement and analysis.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. Familiarity with sources of data and literature on the Institute’s research areas.
- Competency in Microsoft Office skills (including Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook) is a necessity.
- Previous work on longer-term research projects.
- Experience with personnel relationship management is also preferred.
- Professional fluency is required in English. Proficiency in any other Asian languages will be an added advantage
The responsibilities of the Research Intern will include :
i. Research Assistance
- Assist in various tasks relating to the research projects, including, but not limited to, compiling economic statistics and data, assembling relevant supporting material (e.g. interviews/press reports), supporting research analysis, and finding relevant literature for the research projects.
- Contribute to the writing of articles, case studies, background papers papers, policy and issue briefs on topics referred to above
- Monitor and summarise current developments in pertinent areas of project work including global growth, sustainability, Asian Finance, Supply Chains.
- Write summary reports of roundtables, forums, symposia, conferences, draft abstracts, summaries and analyses of books and articles by Senior Fellows and other Experts
- Copy edit and proof read research papers
ii. Administrative Support
- Managing the schedules of the Senior Fellows and senior members of the research team as assigned
- Assisting with the general administrative needs as required such as processing travel and other reimbursements related to the research projects, organising the contact database of officials, experts, media and regional players involved in issues that the Institute and its fellows are working on, and miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Managing logistical arrangements for roundtable, workshops, fora, seminars, and conferences related to the research projects
- Compilation of media reports, tracking FGI’s external impact, and administrative assistance for current projects.
How to Apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis at the time they are received and are due no later than 30 November 2011.
A complete application for internship will require the following materials :
- A cover letter expressing and explaining your interest in the Institute and your experience; and stating the days and times available to work
- A resume or curriculum vitae with a recent photo
- A brief writing sample of 1000 words or less
- Academic transcripts from graduate studies
We do not guarantee a response to unsolicited applications in all cases. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
We encourage all nationalities to apply, however we are not able to offer assistance in finding accommodation, nor can we apply for work permits or visas for these assignments. Completing an internship does not automatically qualify for an employment with the Institute; however, the Institute welcomes former interns to apply for jobs after they graduate from schools.
A modest stipend is offered upon completion of the internship.